Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to Vagrant Cloud
2. Account Settings
Once logged in, please navigate to your Account Settings page to access security features
3. Enabling Two Factor Authentication
Vagrant cloud gives you the option to enable Two Factor Authentication either using SMS or TOTP single use code after you enter your username & password during login.
Generally speaking, using TOTP is safer since it does not require sending data over a network to use Select that option and make sure to have the Trusona App installed on your mobile device
4. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Enter the code from the app into the screen, then click to continue It should now show that Two Factor Authentication is enabled
Setup complete! The next time you log in to Vagrant Cloud and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.
You will also be prompted to save backup codes for account access should you not have access to the app. Make sure to store them someplace securely.