Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. PLEASE READ
Skype is a telecommunication application that has a narrow & stringent set of rules that affect implementing Two-Factor Authentication. Make sure you have met the criteria before attempting to implement the security feature.
- You must have a Microsoft account
- You are using Edge as your browser. Two Factor Authentication is not available on any other browser
If you DON’T meet the requirements, please skip the next step and jump to the second step.
If you DO meet the requirements, please reference the links below to learn how to implement Multi-Factor Authentication for Skype.
2. Using Microsoft as Security for Skype
Because Microsoft accounts are tied to Skype, it is possible to implement Two-Factor Authentication indirectly. Insead, enable Two-Factor Authentication for your Microsoft Account. Please reference the Microsoft TOTP Guide.