Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to Heroku
Log in to Heroku
2. Account Settings
Click on Account settings
3. Managing Account & Two-factor Authentication
Under the Account tab, scroll all the way down to Two-factor Authentication and click on Set Up Two-factor Authentication
4. Enabling Two-factor Authentication Overview
You will be shown a quick overview of the process. Continue to click on Set Up Two-factor Authentication
5. Two-factor Authentication App Selection
You will be shown a list of suggested Authentication apps to install. Make sure you have the Trusona app installed on your device before proceeding
Click HERE for the guide on how to install the Trusona app
Software developers need to adhere to the warning regarding API tokens and make sure to update their scripts and tools
6. Scan the QR code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Enter the code from the app into the screen, then click Enable Two-factor Authentication It should now show that Two-factor Authentication is Enabled
Setup complete! The next time you log in to Heroku and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.
It is advised to follow the suggestions by Heroku to set up a recovery option