Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to Buildkite
Log in to Buildkite
2. Personal Settings
Select Personal Settings from the dropdown menu.
3. Two-Factor Authentication & Email Security
Locate the navigation menu on the left-side of the page and select the Two-Factor Authentication tab.
Make sure you have verified your email address before proceeding. Buildkite won't allow you to enable Two-Factor Authentication until you have verified it.
4. Password Verification
You will be asked to re-enter your account password for security purposes. Type it in and click on Confirm Password
5. App Setup
Make sure to have the Trusona app installed on your mobile device before clicking on Setup Two-Factor Authentication.
6. Recovery Codes
You will be prompted to save some recovery codes for account access, should you not have access to the Trusona app. Make sure to store them someplace securely before clicking Next.
7. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Enter the code from the app into the screen, then click Activate It should now show that two-factor authentication is Enabled.
Setup complete! The next time you log in to Buildkite and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.