Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
If you have not made an account, go to SIGN-IN and then CREATE ACCOUNT. After verifying your email, you will be prompted to add an additional verification method as shown below. Select on AUTHENTICATION APPLICATION and then start at STEP 3 below.
1. Log in to Login.Gov
Log in to Login.Gov
2. Two-Factor Authentication
On your account, go to Two-Factor Authentication and click on the +Add button.
3. Scan the QR Code
You will be prompted to name the authentication app. After that, click the + sign on the Scan code with your mobile device option.
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Enter the code from the app into the screen, then click to submit. It should now say you successfully assigned virtual MFA to the account/user.
The next time you log in to Login.Gov and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.