Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to Hackerone
Log in to Hackerone
2. Profile Settings
Click on Settings from the profile dropdown menu
3. Authentication Settings
From the Settings menu on the left, click on the Authentication section.
4. Two-factor authentication Settings
You will need to enable account recovery using a mobile device first before you can enable two-factor authentication.
Click on the Set up button for Account Recovery
5. Receiving Verification Codes
You will be prompted to enter your phone number in order to receive a verification code. Make sure to follow the correct format when entering your number:
- Start off with the + sign followed by your country code
- No spaces and no ( )
Once you enter your phone number click on Next. An SMS verification code will be sent. Please enter the code they sent to you within 60 seconds and click on Next again.
6. Two-factor authentication Setup
You will be redirected back to the Two-factor authentication settings page. It should now show that you can enable Two-factor authentication. Click on the button to proceed
7. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Click to proceed to the next page
8. Backup Codes & Submitting Information
You will be prompted to save backup codes for account access should you not have access to the app. Make sure to store them someplace securely. Also, have one of them ready to use for the final step
The next page will ask your for 3 inputs: the code from the Trusona app, a backup code from the list provided on the prvious page, and your account password. Once you have entered the information, click on Save.
It should now show that two-factor authentication has been enabled for your account
Setup complete! The next time you log in to Hackerone and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.