Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
Using Two-Factor Authentication ONLY WORKS if you signed up for Airtable using their account creation process. If you used Google to sign up, then you will manage the security feature on your Google account.
1. Log in to Airtable
Log in to Airtable.
2. Account Settings
From the dropdown menu, click on Account.
3. Enable two-factor Security
Click on the Set up two-factor authentication link below your profile icon.
4. Initialize set-up with SMS
Click on Enable. You will be presented with a prompt asking for input on how to receive the verification code. Click on Text my phone.
You will be able to set up two-factor authentication AFTER setting it up with mobile texting.
Enter the phone number for your mobile device and submit. Your phone will receive a code for you to enter into the prompt.
5. Switching over to two-factor authentication
Once you have verified two-factor authentication using your phone, you should now be able to select another option under Add an alternative second step.
Click on it and select the Use an authenticator app option.
6. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Enter the code from the app into the screen, then click Verify It should now show that two-factor authentication is enabled. It should also show that the Authenticator app is now set as the default option.
Setup complete! The next time you log in to Airtable and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.