Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
This guide is for those who have classic infrastructure IBM accounts and wish to enable multi-factor authentication.
1. Log in to IBM Cloud
Log in to your IBM Cloud Account
2. Requirements for Multi-Factor Authentication with TOTP
In order for a user to have multi-factor authentication settings active on their account, 2 conditions must be met.
- The User has enabled authentication settings on the profile Login Settings page
- The admin must enable the TOTP account setting on the User’s account
3. Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication with TOTP
Go to the User details page and locate the specific user account. If the User has enabled the correct settings on the Login Settings page, the admin should be able to enable TOTP for the user’s account
4. Logging In
When a user attempts to log into their account, they will need to use an authentication app to access their account.