Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to PyPI
Log in to PyPI
2. Account Settings
Click on the Account Settings tab from the dropdown menu
3. Two factor authentication (2FA)
Scroll down to the Two factor authentication (2FA) section. Click on the button labelled Add 2FA with authentication application
4. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Enter the code from the app into the screen, then click on Set up application. It should now show that the authentication was set up successfully.
Setup complete! The next time you log in to PyPI and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.