Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to GitLab
Log in to GitLab.
Click on Settings from the dropdown menu
Under User Settings click on Account.
4. Two-Factor Authentication
To the right the Two-Factor Authentication status is set as Disabled. Click on the Enable two-factor authentication button.
5. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Enter the code from the app into the screen, then click Register with Two-factor app.
You will also be prompted to save backup codes for account access should you not have access to the app. Make sure to store them somewhere safe.
The status should now show that Two-factor authentication is Enabled. The next time you log in to GitLab and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.