Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to Google
Log in to Google
2. Enable 2-Step Verification
Click on Security
3. Enabling 2-Step Verification for the Trusona app
Be sure that 2-Step Verification is enabled. Google will not allow you to set up any authenticator apps without this active setting
4. Add an Authenticator app
Under Add more second steps, select the Authenticator app option
5. Phone Selection
Select the type of phone you are using
6. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
Setup complete! The next time you log in to your Google account and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.