Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
Two-step verification for Bitbucket is disabled by default. It can ONLY be enabled after you have completed the following:
Set up SSH on your account
Confirm primary email address
Ensure all applications connected to Bitbucket are up to date
For more information on how to complete each requirement, click HERE
1. Log in
Log in to Bitbucket
2. Access Your Settings
From the dropdown menu, click on Personal Settings
3. Security Section
From the Personal Settings page, scroll down to the Security section and click on Two-step verification
4. Setting up Two-step verification
If you have completed all requirements, you should be able to click on Set up two-step verification.
5. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
6. Recovery Codes
Enter the code from the app into the verification code field, then click to submit. It should now show that Two-step verification is enabled.
Setup complete! The next time you log in to Bitbucket and are prompted for a One-time passcode code, you can use the Trusona app to log in.