Installing the Trusona App
Before you get started with the instructions below you'll need to install and register with the Trusona App.
- Download the Trusona App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the registration steps in the App.
- Verify your email by clicking the link from Trusona.
- You're setup and ready to go!
1. Log in to npm
Log in to npm
2. Click on Account
Click on Account
3. Two Factor Authentication
Click on the Enable 2FA button.
4. Applying Two Factor Authentication Options
You will be presented with 3 different options for implementing Two Factor Authentication. Select one of the first two options.
The option you select will depend on your role and your organization's security policies. Make sure to consult a manager or admin before selecting.
5. Scan the QR Code
A QR code will be shown on the screen.
- Open the Trusona app, and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap 2-step verification (TOTP)
- Scan the QR code
- Type in the number you see from the Trusona app
6. Backup Codes
You will receive a list of backup codes to use in the event you are unable to utilize the authenticator app. Be sure to save them in a secure location.
Once you have safely secured the backup codes, click to proceed. It should now show that Two-Factor Authentication is Enabled
Setup complete! The next time you log in to npm and are prompted for a One-time passcode, you can use the Trusona app to log in.